Urulakizangu maezukku /potato stir fry with chilly paste/ mirchi aloo /meerya kuka ukkari /potato poriyal
Serves- 2- 3
Dry red chilli-3
Salt and water as needed
Oil - 1 tsp+ 1 tsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
1.Wash and peel the skin of potatoes and cube them. Keep all the pieces in water. Otherwise they will turn brown in color.
|ALOO CUBED AND LEFT IN WATER|
2.Take the dry red chillies in a blender.Make a coarse paste of it by adding a tbsp or more of water.
|CHILLIES ARE READY TO BE BLENDED|
If the chillies are extra hot take only one. Adjust the number of chilies accordingly. The chillies I had in hand were not soo hot. So I took three of them.
3. Now heat a kadai or pan .
4. Once it hot add in a teaspoon of oil. Then goes in the mustard seeds. Allow them to pop up.
5.Once done add in the red chili paste. Sauté till its raw smell goes.
|SAUTING THE CHILLY PASTE|
Note: Remember to open the windows or switch on the extractor fan or exhaust fan.
6. Now add in the potato cubes.
|POTATOES ARE ADDED ALONG WITH SALT|
7. Add in salt& give it a mix.
8. Pour in 1/4 cup of water. Switch the flame to lowest possible and cover & cook the potatoes till they are done.
|WATER IS ADDED|
9.Occasionally open the lid and stir in order to avoid burning.
|MIX MIX MIX|
11. Enjoy with kanji/rice gruel/or even with rotis or Indian flat breads.
|MIRCHI ALOO SERVED WITH RICE GRUEL|