Serves- 2- 3
Pattani/dried green peas- 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red chili powder-1/2 - 1 tsp
Water as needed
Oil- 1 tsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Dry red chili-1
Curry leaf- 1 sprig (optional)
1. Wash and soak the pattani overnight.
|LET TO SOAK OVERNIGHT|
2.Next day morning pressure cook them. Keep them aside.
3. Finely chop the onions, tomatoes and green chilly. Keep them aside.
4. Now heat a kadai /pan add 1 tbsp of oil, once it’s hot add in the chopped onions and sauté till they are soft.
|SAUTING THE ONIONS|
5.Add in the chopped chillies and garlic pods .Again sauté them for few minutes.
|ADDED THE GARLIC PODS AND CHILLIES|
6.Time to add the tomatoes along with salt. Cook till they are done.
|ADD IN THE TOMATO PIECES|
7.Once done add in the cooked pattani. Mix well.
|ADDED THE COOKED PATTANI|
8.. Sprinkle the spice powders according to your family's needs.mix well.
|SPICE POWDERS ARE ADDED|
9. Add in the needed amount o water as per the gravy requirement and bring it to boil.
10 .Check for the salt and spice powders. Switch off the flame.
11. Now let’s do the tadka or tempering.
12. For that heat oil in a tadka pan once it’s hot add in the mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
13. Once done add in the dry red chili. Just stir in the chilies into the oil. Switch off the flame.
|DO THE TEMPERING|
14.Pour the tempering into the above made curry.Mix well and again bring it to a boil and serve hot.
|TEMPERING IS POURED INTO THE CURRY|
15.Enjoy..We enjoyed this curry along with 3 flour dosa /crepes.
|PATANI CURRY SERVED WITH 3 FLOUR DOSA|
You will find the recipe of 3 flour dosa by clicking the link below...
If making for fasting days/vrat avoid the onion and garlic .Instead add in hand full chopped cilantro or coriander leaves.