SPICY VEGETABLE STEW
Potato chopped-1 cup
Onion -1 cup
Cauliflower florets-1/2 cup
Oil/coconut oil/sun flower oil-1 tbsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Ginger- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Thick coconut milk -3/4 cup
Dilute coconut milk /water to cook the veggies
Water as needed
Coconut oil-1 tsp( optional)
1. Pressure cook, peel and cube the potatoes and keep them aside.
2. Chop all the veggies.
3. Clean the florets by soaking in hot water for few minutes and separate the florets into bite size pieces. Keep them aside.
4. In a kadai/pan, heat oil. Once it’s hot add in the mustard seeds and allow them to pop up.
5. Then goes in the chopped ginger, garlic and green chilly slits. Sauté them for few seconds.
6. Add in the chopped onions and cook till they are soft and translucent.
7. Add in the spice powders along with salt and saute them till their raw smell disappears.
8. Once done add in the florets,cubed potatoes and 1/2 cup water or second coconut milk and cook the florets till they are done.
9. Once florets are cooked well pour in the thick coconut milk.
10. Simmer the flame. Do a taste test. Once the curry starts boiling switch off the flame.
11. Drizzle few drops of coconut oil.enjoy with appam/crepes or idiyappam or rice noodles..
For the recipe of Idiyappam use the link below:
|SPICY VEGETABLE STEW|
|IDIYAPPAM SERVED WITH STEW|