Chinese potato cooked in coconut sauce/koorka thenga aracha curry/sopur kuka ghassi
Chinese potato/koorka -1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Water needed for making gravy
Coconut scrapings -1/2 cup
Dry red chilly-2
Turmeric powder/haldi/manjal-1/2 tsp
Water -1/4- 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds/sarson/kaduku-1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds/methi /uluva-1/4 tsp
1. Wash peel and chop chinese potato length wise and pressure cook them and keep aside.
2. Make a smooth paste of ingredients given under grinding by adding water. Keep it aside.
3. Now heat a kadai/heavy bottomed pan or vessel ,once it’s hot add in the mustard seeds. Allow them to pop up.
4. Once it pop up add in the fenugreek seeds. Saute for a second or two. Simmer the flame.
5. Add in the cooked pieces and the ground coconut paste. Mix them up quite well.
6. Pour in the water according to the need for your gravy. Add in salt.mix well again.
7. Bring it to a boil. Do a taste test. Our dish is ready to serve.
8. Enjoy it with steamed rice.. :)
I would highly appreciate if you share similar recipes from your cook book..
|SOPUR KUKA GHASSI|
|CHINESE POTATO CURRY SERVED WITH RICE,CABBAGE STIR FRY AND DATES LEMON PICKLE|