Eastern chicken masala-2 tsp
Coconut oil(or any oil of your choice) -2 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
Onion -3-4 medium sized ones
Tomato-2 big ones
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1-2 tsp
Red chilly powder -1-2 tsp
Eastern chicken masala -1 -2 tsp
Water as needed
Salt to taste
Coconut oil-1 tsp
Curry leaves-2 sprigs
1. Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Marinate it with chicken masala and leave aside for 10 minutes.
2. Now slice the ginger, garlic, green chillies, onions and tomatoes. Keep everything ready.
3. Heat a pan add 2 tbsp of oil. Once it’s hot add in the mustard seeds and fenugrek seeds.
4. Once mustard seeds pop up add in the ginger, garlic and green chilly juliennes. Saute for few seconds.
5. Now add in the onion slices and sauté till they become brown soft and translucent.
6. Then add in the tomatoes and little salt. Cook till they become mushy.
7. Once done add in the marinated chicken pieces. Give them a good toss.
8. Now mix turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, chicken masala in a bowl. Add in a tablespoon of water .mix well and pour into the pan.
9. Mix everything well. Add salt to taste.
10. Cover & cook till the chicken pieces are done.
11. Once pieces are well cooked add in a fist full of curry leaves and drizzle few drops of coconut oil and close the pan with a lid and allow the flavors to blend well .
12. Enjoy with ghee rice/steamed rice or with rotis/chapthy..
I will appreciate if you guys share the special chicken curry of your family in the comments below..
Hoping to hear from you guys..
|CHICKEN CURRY SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE,GOBI FRY & CHICKEN FRY|