Easy palak paneer/cottage cheese in a spinach gravy
10.Add in the chopped onions & fry till they become soft & translucent..
11. Once onions are soft add chopped tomatoes and little salt. Cook
till they are mushy.
13.Stir in the paneer cubes and again bring it to a boil.
14..Add in 1/2 tsp of garam masala and mix well.
15. Do a taste test. Switch off the flame. Keep it closed till we
Spinach/palak puree-3/4 cup
Paneer cubes/cottage cheese cubes-1/2 cup(20 n0s)
Ginger chopped-1 tsp
Garlic chopped-1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
Oil-1 -2 tbsp
Cumin seeds/jeera-1/2 tsp
Garam masala-1-2 tsp +1/2 tsp
For making spinach puree
1. Wash and clean thoroughly spinach several times.
2. Now blanch them in hot water for 4-5 minutes
3. Now take them in a blender and make a smooth pate out of it.
4. Our puree is ready.
|SPINACH IN HOT WATER|
For pan fried paneer cubes:
5. Heat a pan add in little oil, once it’s hot place paneer cubes one by one.
6. Arrange them on the pan and fry till both sides gets golden patches.
7. Our paneer cubes are ready.
Note :*( be careful not to burn them)
Now let’s move on to the recipe details....
8. Now heat oil in a kadai/pan, once it’s hot add in the cumin seeds. Allow it to pop up.
9. Once done add in the garlic, ginger, green chili and 1 tsp of garam masala. Saute for few seconds.
|SAUTING GINER,GARLIC,G.CHILLY AND GARAM MASALA|
|ONIONS ARE ADDED|
Note:* salt will help to cook the tomatoes faster.
|ADD IN SALT AND TOMATOES|
12. Once tomatoes are mushy, pour in the puree along with salt .mix well &bring it to a boil.
|TOMATOES ARE WELL COOKED|
|POUR IN THE PUREE+SALT|
|PANEER CUBES ARE ADDED|
|CURRY IS BUBBLING/BOILING|
|FINAL TOUCH BY ADDING GARAM MASALA|
16. Enjoy with any Indian breads/steamed rice. :)