Red Rice flour- 1 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Water as needed to wet the flour
Coconut scrapings or grated veggies(carrots,chopped cilantro,onions etc )as needed
|PRESSURE COOKER STEAMER|
Idli steamer or traditional puttu steamer or pressure cooker steamer
1. Take rice flour in a mixing bowl add salt .Mix the dry ingredients with your hands
2. Now start sprinkling
water little at a time and mix the flour.
|Dry ingredients in the mixin bowl|
|mix the flour by sprinklin the water|
3. The fine powdered texture of the flour will change and it will begin to crumble.
|see the texture of the flour|
4. When you take a hand full of flour and press in between your fist it should hold the shape that is the right consistency and when you drop it should crumble.
-Too much water will make it hard
- Too little water makes it to remain as powder itself and will taste raw. (be careful while adding water)
5. Now take your pressure cooker fill half with water close the lid remove the whistle and heat it up.
6. Meanwhile we can layer the puttu in the gadget(steamer) .
- begin by keeping the hole disc at its bottom.
|hole disc is placed at the bottom of the steamer|
- Now add coconut scrapings-Then add 2 handful of flour
Again layer with coconut scrapings
-2 handful of flour & Ending with coconut scrapings
7.Once steam rushes out through the small tube present on the upper portion of the lid ,place the steamer correctly on the lid & steam for 15 minutes.
7. Once done switch off the flame. Wait for few minutes.
8.Now hold the steamer tube parallel to the plate and with the help of a skewer gently and slowly push the hole disc so that the puttu will slip onto the plate.
9.SERVE WITH CURRY OF YOUR CHOICE..ENJOY
What is your favorite side dish for puttu..?
DO SHARE ABOUT UR FAVORITE SIDE DISH IN THE COMMENT BOX BELOW..
Happy cooking guys..!