Sardine fish fry / Mathi fry -Kerala style
Oil for deep frying
Spice powders used
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder-1 tsp
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon juice-1/2 tbsp
1. Wash and clean the fish properly
2. Put slits on both sides.
3. In a small bowl add all the spice powders along with salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
4. Do a taste test and adjust according to your taste.
5. Now apply this marinade on both sides of the fish.
6. Keep it aside for 1/2- 1 hour.
7. Heat oil in a kadai / pan and deep fry the fishes.
8. Transfer them on to a tissue paper so as to absorb the excess oil.
9. Our fry is ready to serve.
10. Serve it with sliced onions and lime wedges.