Nonche ambya sasam/uppu manga curry/salted mango in a coconut gravy
Salted mango/upilitta manga/mango preserve-1
Salt/namak/uppu/meetu as needed
Desiccated coconut/thenga peera -3/4 cup
Dry red chillies/vattal mulagu/sukhy lal mirch -3
Water as needed
Mustard seeds/sarson/kaduku-1 tsp
Cumin seeds/jeera/jeerakam-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves/curry pathe/karivepila-1 sprig
1. Take a salted mango from the jar .wash it thoroughly. Now peel off its skin and make rough pieces of it and keep aside.
2. Now add 1/2 tsp of oil in a tadka/seasoning pan and fry red chillies for few seconds. Keep it aside.
|frying the chillies|
3.Take the coconut scrapings/desiccated coconut along with dry red chillies in a mixie jar.
|coconut scrapings and dry red chillies in the blender/mixie jar|
4. Blend it to a paste. (Not soo smooth paste)
5. In a pan (cooking vessel of your choice) add this above made paste, peeled skin along with the seed of the mango, and salt.mix it well. You can add water in the mixie jar and add it into the pan according to the amount of gravy you need. So that paste sticking in the jar won’t get wasted.
|add the paste,mango into the pan/cooking vessel|
6.now heat a seasoning/tadka pan add remaining oil ,once it’s hot add mustard seeds and allow them to pop up. Then add cumin/jeera . Allow it to splutter. Finally if you have add the curry leaves.
7. After a second add this tadka into the pan. Give it a good toss. Do a salt taste.
|tadka is added|
8. Our uppu manga curry is ready to serve... Enjoy with rice
|ambya sasam served with koorka(chinese potatao stir fry) maezukkuvaraty and pickle|