CHILLI VINDALOO/BHAJJI MULAGU VINDALOO
Serves: 2- 3
Shaadi.com Indian Matrimonials
Serves: 2- 3
Turmeric powder/haldi-1/4 tsp
Salt/namak as needed
Onion/pyaaz-2 medium sized
Ginger & garlic chopped-1 tsp
Tomato-2 medium sized
Sugar a pinch
Vinegar -1 tsp
Water-1 -1 1/2 cups
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Kashmiri chilli powder-1 tsp
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
1. Take the ingredients given under grinding in a blender &blend it to a fine powder. Then add 1-2 tbsp of water and make a smooth paste out of it. Keep it ready.
2. Chop chillies length wise. Marinate it with turmeric powder &salt .keep it aside for at least 15 minutes.
3. Now heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and fry the chilies till golden brown patches on the chilies. Keep it aside.
4. Now in the same pan add 1 tsp of oil and fry the onions till soft.
5. Add remaining oil, ginger garlic paste. Sauté for 1 -2 minutes.
6. Add in the paste and mix well.
7. Then add in the chopped tomatoes, salt and the spice powders. Cook till tomatoes are mushy.
8. Once done add in water and bring it to a boil.
9. Once the water starts bubbling add in the fried chilies pinch of sugar and vinegar. Do a taste test and adjust the spices. Switch off the flame. Our curry is ready to serve. Enjoy with rice or with Indian breads (paratas/rotis)
|PALAK & SPICY PARATA SERVED WITH CHILLY VINDALOO & CUCUMBER CARROT RAITA|