Bread fritters/bread pakoda/bread bhajji
Makes 3 slices of fritters
Chickpea flour /kadala maav/Besan-2 tbsp
Rice flour-1 tbsp
All purpose flour(maida)-1 tbsp
Salt as needed
A pinch of hing/asa foetida
A pinch of baking powder
Chilli powder-1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds/sauf/perum jeerakam-1/4 tsp
Water as needed (i used 1/4 cup+1 1/2 tbsp of water)
Oil for deep frying
1. Slice the bread into triangle shapes. Keep them aside
2. Now lets make the batter.
3. For that in a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients and give it a good mix.
4. Now add water carefully, little by little.
Note: batter should not be too thin, as it has to coat the bread slices well. So be careful while adding water.
5. Once batter is ready, heat oil in a kadai, dip each slice in batter and then drop them into the oil and deep fry till they attain a golden color.
6. Drain them onto paper towels.
7. Enjoy with a hot cup of tea..
If batter is remaining in the bowl just finely chop cabbage/onions/veggies of your choice,
Add them into the batter, give it a good mix and deep fry a spoon full and make tasty pakoras/pakodas/fritters/bhajjas of your choice.
|DEEP FRIED BREAD FRITTERS WITH 2 SMALL CABBAGE FRITTERS|