Cabbage maezukkuvaraty/cabbage ukkari
Cabbage shredded- 3cups
Onion -1 small size
Tomato-1 small size
Spice powders used
Turmeric powder/haldi/manjal-1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder/lal mirchi ka powder/mulagu podi/miryapitto- 1 tsp
Salt/namak/uppu/meet to taste
Cumin seeds/jeera/nalla jeerakam- 1/2 tsp
1. Wash cabbage thoroughly and shredded it .keep it aside. Slice the onions and tomatoes thinly.
2. Now let’s start making the stir fry.
3. For that heat oil in a pan. Once it’s hot add in the cumin seeds and allow it to pop up.
4. Then add in the onion slices and sauté for few seconds till they become soft and translucent.
5. Time to add in the tomato slices. Sauté for few seconds.
|SAUTING ONION AND TOMATO SLICES|
6.Add in the shredded cabbage along with the spice powders.
|ADD IN THE CABBAGE|
|SPICE POWDERS ARE ADDED|
7. Give it a good mix. Cover and cook till everything is done.
|MIX MIX AND MIX|
8. Do a taste test. Our stir fry is ready to serve. It goes well with steamed rice as well as with rotis (Indian flat breads)
|CABBAGE STIR FRY- HARYANA STYLE|