Set dosa/poha dosa/rice flakes crepes
Cooking with periamma/paternal aunt/maaav/valyamma
Raw rice-2 cups
Aval/poha/flattened rice-1 cup
Urad dal/biri dal/uzunnu parippu-1/2 cup
Fenugreek seeds/methi/uluva-1 tsp
Note: I strongly recommend strictly using the amount of ingredients as mentioned above. If the batter is more than what you needed, you can refrigerate it immediately after your use and take it again after one day.
1. Wash clean thoroughly and soak rice, urad dal and methi seeds for a minimum of 5 hours.
2. One hour before grinding soak poha/ rice flakes in 1 1/2 cups of water for 15 minutes and then squeeze water out of it and remove it to a dry plate and keep it aside.
3. Once it been 5 hours grind together rice ,urad dal and methi seeds to a fine smooth paste .once this above paste is half done add poha/rice flakes and grind along with it to a smooth paste.
4. Add needed amount of salt, mix well. And allow it to ferment overnight.
5. Next day just give it a good mix again.
6. Now heat a dosa pan. Drizzle little oil and once tawa is hot, add a ladle full batter and don't spread too much, just make a small circle..When one side is cooked flip it off and cook the other side too.
Serve this crepes/dosa with vada curry/dal fritters in a spicy gravy...You will love it...
|SET DOSA SERVED WITH VADA CURRY|