Vendaykka Thakali curry Kerala style/okra tomato curry -Kerala style
Cooking with friend
Okra/vendaykka/ladies finger-10 small sized
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
For coconut paste
Coconut scrapings- 1/2 cup
Shallots/pearl onions/kunj ulli-4-5
Coriander powder/malli odi/dhania powder- 1-2 tsp
Water as needed
Oil/coconut oil - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds/kaduku/sarson-1 tsp
Curry leaves-1 sprig
1. Clean and wash the vegetables and chop them length wise.
2. Now pressure cook the chopped okra pieces, tomato slices with green chilly slits salt and turmeric powder.till they are cooked properly.
3. Meanwhile the vegetables are being cooked, let’s make the coconut paste.
3. For that take 1/2 cup of coconut scrapings, shallots in a mixie jar add 1/4 - 1/2 cup water and grind it to a paste. Keep it aside.
4. Once our okra and tomato pieces are well cooked transfer them into a kadai.
5. Then, add in the ground paste. Give it a good toss & again switch on the flame.
6. Now bring this to a boil and once it’s starts bubbling switch off the flame.
7. Now place a tadka pan on the stove add remaining 1 tsp of oil and once it’s hot do the tempering using the ingredients listed under 'for tempering'.
8. Now add the tadka/seasoning/tempering into the above made curry. Stir well.
9. Serve with steamed raw rice or boiled rice and enjoy..!
|OKRA TOMATO CURRY -KERALA STYLE|
|OKRA TOMATO CURRY SERVED WITH BOILED RICE AND SPRING ONION DRY CURRY|
|PICKLE,SPRING ONION DRY CURRY .OKRA TOMATO CURRY SERVED WITH RED BOILED RICE|
|thankz alot to my dearest friend priyanka for the recipe|